Friday, October 14, 2011

some senior year ridiculousness and other random blurbs

Yes. I forgot about this blog.

Moving on.

I have to tell you about some awesome-ness that has been going on. Mostly scary, but also thrilling...like some twisted version of reality that I could never begin to understand. First off, senior year is indicative of many things (getting a "grown-up job", getting to wear a funny hat, and panicking at your looming debt) but at a music conservatory, the one thing that tops the list is the senior recital. Whoa. Scary. At least for me anyway. Some chill people might be saying "What? An hour of music to perform in front of family, friends, and my professors? Memorized? No problem!" I, however, am (was) squarely in the panic mode situation. Until (drumrolllll for dramatic effect please) I finished my rep ahead of schedule. AND I'm doing the "Revolutionary Etude" by Chopin, which in layman's terms is as very hard piece of music Chopin wrote to be both beautiful and a torture device for the left hand. But no worries! It may be at a tempo reminiscent of a snail tiptoeing through molasses, but it'll be ready in time. Not bad for someone whose teacher wasn't sure if said piece was even possible.

Also. I'm going to be a full fledged teacher in less than a year. This time next year, I will (positive, job getting thoughts please!) be getting my adorable little angels (here's to hoping!) ready for their holiday concert. WHAT. That's some ridiculous crazy talk. Then comes the scary. Me? A teacher? Similar to every other "adventure" (except this is real life) I'll just have to go for it. No sense in living otherwise! Plus, I really love it. For me, teaching is the same as someone stepping on a stage or going into the World Series (if the Phillies actually made it to the World Series that is...sore subject. Don't like to talk about it) Joy and terror, all at the same time, followed by exuberance and passion and exhaustion.

Right now I'm watching the Santa Claus 1, indulging in my unnatural enthusiasm for all things Christmas and Disney. Don't know why that was important, just thought I'd mention. Who needs Halloween and Thanksgiving? Let's get right to decking the halls! Plus, my recital will be over by then....CELEBRATE.

Oh! In other life news, I'm now an organist. Who knew? I didn't! I'm hoping the congregation doesn't quite realize that either...

So this is just a random post of some entirely too random things. Or maybe there is a theme. Not totally sure...I'm sick right now (not "cool" sick, but phlegm-filled throat sore plague sick...) Either way, this might turn out to be my bringing forth a renaissance for this blog or it will be a random post amidst months of nothing-ness. Regardless, thanks for reading (or skimming, or just pretending).

No comments:

Post a Comment